- Civil Litigation
Leif is originally a Wyoming native, hailing from a small town in the northern region of the state. Prior to beginning his undergraduate studies, Leif lived abroad for several years in London, England and Santa Maria, Brazil. Subsequently, he attended Weber State University in Ogden, Utah where he studied Criminal Justice and the Portuguese language. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from Weber State University with a Bachelor of Arts. Leif then moved to Indiana to attend Valparaiso University School of Law. While in law school, Leif participated in the Honors Program and served as a research assistant to Professor Bodinesteiner.
During his law school studies, Leif also participated in several clerkships and internships to further develop his legal experience and skills. After his second year of law school, Leif worked as an intern for the Larimer County District Attorney's office in Fort Collins, Colorado. In addition, during his third year of law school, Leif worked as an intern in chambers with a federal magistrate judge in the Northern District of Indiana Federal Court located in South Bend, Indiana. While working for the magistrate judge, Leif authored numerous judicial orders including multiple decisions on social security appeals.
Leif graduated ranked eleventh in his class from Valparaiso University School of Law in 2010. He began his career in Colorado working with a law firm specializing in the representation of plaintiff in personal injury lawsuits. He then joined Lasater & Martin, P.C. in June 2011 and primarily practices in construction defect litigation.
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana
- J.D. - 2010
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Academic Honors Program
- Honors: Research Assistant to Professor Bodensteiner
- Honors: Class Rank 11/164, top 7%
- Federal University of Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, South Carolina
- Weber State University, Ogden, Utah
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2006
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Top 3%, Dean’s List Fall 2004-2006, emphases in law enforcement and Portuguese language
- Major: Criminal Justice
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court District of Wyoming
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
Current Employment Position(s)
- Senior Counsel